As a new year unfolds, economists foresee job market recovery remaining on the slow side, at least until the COVID-19 vaccines are more widely available. But that doesn't mean there are no jobs to be found — it just means savvy job seekers have to know where to look. Here are the companies urgently and actively hiring today:
Who’s Hiring at Recruiter.com?
- Mortgage lenders are making a major push for underwriters, processors, and closers/funders on our platform right now. Salaries range from $42,000 to $130,000, depending on role and qualifications. Interested candidates can head here to learn more.
- Healthcare organizations are actively hiring, with roughly 34 percent of the new jobs added to the Recruiter.com Job Market Platform being in the healthcare space. Common open roles include registered nurses, nurse practitioners, travel acute care nurses, medical coders, lab support, and more.
Recruiters, want to earn money by helping us fill these open roles? Head over to the Recruiter.com Job Market Platform today.
Who’s Hiring Across the Country?
- UPS: The holiday season may be over, but UPS is still in for a major surge of activity as it handles transport of COVID-19 vaccines. The logistics company hired nearly 150,000 new employees and built 20 new facilities last year alone, and that activity is unlikely to slow down in the immediate future.
- FedEx: Like UPS, FedEx is in for a big start to 2021 as it, too,assists with COVID-19 vaccine distribution. Both shipping specialists are going to need extra manpower to staff their efforts to store, transport, and distribute healthcare products over the coming months.
- Match Group: The tech company behind Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com, and plenty of other digital dating services is hiring for more than 100 roles, including systems engineer, online marketer, and user safety specialist.
- Journeys: According to Indeed, the skate-culture-focused fashion retailer is "urgently" hiring for more than 3,000 jobs — mainly sales associates — in New York, Connecticut, Florida, and elsewhere.
- Anthem, Inc.: The health insurance provider is hiring for a few hundred roles, according to Monster, including business development manager, provider reimbursement administrator, and nurse case manager.
- MathWorks: A developer of mathematical computer software, MathWorks needs 600 new hires in roles like UX designer and training content developer.
- Apple: The technology leader is hiring for close to 3,000 roles, mainly in its retail stores — but there are some more exotic openings, too, like Apple TV+ writer and applied biomechanics researcher.
- H&R Block: Tax season is rapidly approaching, and that means tax prep organizations are gearing up. H&R Block needs about 650 new hires for accountant and advisor roles.
- DoorDash: With 1350+ open roles, DoorDash needs content strategists, operations managers, account managers, and more.
- Amazon: And, of course, there's Amazon. The eCommerce giant was constantly hiring tens of thousands of people every month throughout 2020, and it's unlikely to stop any time soon.
Where Else to Look:
- Indeed has created a list of 14 companies hiring now, based on data from its platform.
- LinkedIn maintains a regularly updated list of actively hiring companies.
- JobScan runs a continuously updated list of companies hiring right now. It covers a lot of smaller companies, which tend to be absent from the lists put out by the bigger platforms.