Welcome to Recruiter Roundup, where we take a monthly look at the most exciting recruiting and HR industry news.
What's New at Recruiter.com
- Recruiter.com announced a partnership with KarmaCheck, bringing innovative and streamlined candidate screening tools to the growing Recruiter.com Marketplace.
- We announced our Q1 2021 financial results, showing a 39 percent increase in revenue from Q4 of 2020.
- We launched the First Jobs Initiative to match employers with pre-vetted, motivated applicants who are eager to start their careers.
Recruiting Industry Investments / M&A Activity
- Programmatic recruitment advertising platform PandoLogic acquires AI recruiting platform Wade & Wendy. (source)
- Online job marketplace StepStone acquires AI chatbot Mya. (source)
- French HR management company HR path raises $138 million and acquires HR tech consulting firm Whitaker-Taylor. (source)
- "LinkedIn for college students" Handshake raises $80 million in Series E funding and hits a $1.5 billion valuation. (source)
- Workforce management software Legion raises $50 million in Series C funding. (source)
- Candidate experience platform Outmatch acquires high-volume hiring software Harver. (source)
- Pseudonymous professional networking app Blind raises $37 million in Series C funding. (source)
- Freelance talent platform Worksome raises $13 million in Series A funding. (source)
- Compensation platform Figure raises $7.5 million in seed funding. (source)
- On-demand tech talent platform Distributed raises $7 million in Series A funding. (source)
- Executive talent management platform True receives equity investment from LLR Partners. (source)
- Tier One Executive Search becomes part of retained search firm TRANSEARCH. (source)
- End-to-end emerging tech hiring platform Filtered.ai raises $7 million. (source)
- Workrise, a workforce management platform for the skilled trades, raises $300 million in Series E funding. (source)
- Professional social network Polywork raises $3.5 million in seed funding. (source)
- Less than a third of HR leaders prioritize removing bias from the hiring process according to a new report from Findem. (source)
- Staffing jobs were up 57.3 percent over May of 2020, according to the American Staffing Association Staffing Index. (source)
- Employees less likely than employers to say their companies "effectively adapted" to the pandemic, according to research from WorkForce Software. (source)
- Glassdoor finds LGBTQ+ employees are less satisfied at work than their non-LGBTQ+ colleagues. (source)
- PeopleReady reports that job openings are surging in the skilled trades. (source)
- Global talent shortage reaches 15-year high, according to ManpowerGroup. (source)
- TikTok launches jobs platform targeting Gen. Z. (source)
- Learn In and Degreed partner to bring cohort-based learning experiences to Degreed's users. (source)
- Hibob announces integration with SmartRecruiters. (source)
- Kettle launches KettleOS, a work experience platform for the age of hybrid work models. (source)
- Trusaic announces PayParity software solution to help companies achieve salary equity. (source)
- Executive search firm Caldwell begins trading on the OTCQX Best Market. (source)
- Diversity recruiting solution Circa partners with talent intelligence software provider ThinkWhy. (source)
- HUDDL3 Group launches executive search firm Range Search Partners. (source)
Legal and Regulatory News
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission rules that employers are allowed to require employees to receive COVID vaccinations. (source)
- Jobvite's second annual Summer to Evolve program begins June 8, 2021. (source)
Are you interested in having your company featured in this recruiting industry report? Send an email to our editor, email@example.com, with your company's news or announcements. Our regular publication, RecruiterToday, also features thought leadership from recruiting and talent acquisition professionals and accepts content contributions.