Welcome to Recruiter Roundup, where we take a monthly look at the most exciting recruiting and HR industry news.
What's New at Recruiter.com
- Recruiter.com hit a major milestone: More than 27,000 recruiters have joined our Job Market Platform! We've also added Deborah Leff, the former global leader and industry CTO for data science and artificial intelligence at IBM, to our board as an independent director.
- Recruiter.com released our third-quarter 2020 financial results, where we saw a return to growth.
- Recruiter.com is working on a major hiring push with 10+ clients in the mortgage industry. There are plenty of opportunities for recruiters to make placements, and plenty of opportunities for candidates to connect with leading mortgage lenders for roles in underwriting, processing, and funding. Interested recruiters can email email@example.com. Interested candidates can click here.
- Recruiter.com CEO Evan Sohn presented the results of the October 2020 Recruiter Index® on CNBC. The Recruiter Index® has a history of predicting job market trends ahead of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and October's survey was no different. See the video below for highlights.
Recruiting Industry Investments / M&A Activity:
- Student-focused job-search platform Handshake raises $80 million. (source)
- Recruiting firm Harvey Nash acquires executive search firm Latitude 36. (source)
- Talent intelligence platform Eightfold AI raises $125 million in Series D funding. (source)
- HR software startup Kenjo raises $5.9 million. (source)
- Gig Wage, a payroll platform targeting the gig economy, raises $7.5 million. (source)
- The Memphis staffing operation of Versant Supply Chain gets acquired by third-party logistics firm Exegistics. (source)
- Consulting firm Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. acquires HR consulting and executive search firm Optimum Talent. (source)
- Hiring tech company OutMatch acquires talent insights solution Checkster. (source)
- The aptly named Remote, which helps companies handle compliance and payroll for remote workers, raises $35 million. (source)
- Resolute Administrative Services, provider of workforce and consulting services for recruiting firms, acquires Search Partners Recruiting. (source)
- New State Capital Partners takes equity stake in executive search firm Klein Hersh. (source)
- DDI's "Diversity and Inclusion Report 2020" finds senior minority executives are planning to leave their current positions at twice the rate of other executives. (source)
- Talent Tech Labs releases its latest Talent Acquisition Ecosystem, a graphic visualization of the recruitment technology marketplace. (source)
- Technology hiring is stabilizing, according to a new report from Dice. (source)
- New research from Findem identifies top industries for veteran employment, including technology, manufacturing, and finance. (source)
- Modern Hire research finds candidates are more likely to trust AI in hiring when employers actually take time to explain how AI is being used. (source)
- According to Gartner, HR leaders are focusing on building critical skills and competencies in 2021. (source)
- 80 percent of active and passive job seekers expect to land new jobs in 2021, according to the American Staffing Association's "2020 Candidate Sentiment Study." (source)
- ADP identifies key business trends for 2021, with flexibility, agility, and compliance being top concerns. (source)
- Bain & Company partners with Hunt Scanlon to gather data on the link between executive talent and investment performance. (source)
- LinkedIn introduces free tools for promoting job opportunities. (source)
- PayScale launches AI-powered compensation data recommendation tool. (source)
- Inclusively, an employment platform with job-matching technology built by and for people with disabilities, launches. (source)
- Cornerstone Search launches Cornerstone Venture Capital Partners to help software companies access funding. (source)
- Beamery introduces new talent data platform (source)
- Randstad US and Udemy partner to offer free educational courses to workers. (source)
- Dice introduces instant messaging feature. (source)
- Workforce Opportunity Services announces IT apprenticeship program. (source)
- Trade Hounds launches jobs platform targeting construction industry. (source)
- IAMHR (Dec. 8-10, 2020). Details: https://www.phenom.com/iamhr
Are you interested in having your company featured in this recruiting industry report? Send an email to our Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your company's news or announcements. Our regular publication, RecruiterToday, also features thought leadership from recruiting and talent acquisition professionals and accepts content contributions.