Welcome to Recruiter.com's Recruiting Industry News Roundup, a monthly look at the most exciting developments within the world of recruiting and talent acquisition. We look to include updates of companies that we're tracking, investments in the space, and interesting events.
Each month, we also separately list an update for our own company, Recruiter.com (OTCQB:RCRT). Our platform brings together thousands of small and independent recruiters with jobs from enterprise employers from around the country. You can find Recruiter.com's latest update here.
Befitting the start of a new decade, January has offered a bevy of challenges and opportunities in equal measure. While a new ManpowerGroup report shows talent shortages have hit record highs, research from Bullhorn and Randstad find recruiting firms are optimistic about revenue growth in the coming year. Meanwhile, new state and federal laws are shaking up how companies recruit, classify, and even lay off workers.
Read on for our full Recruiting Tech and Industry roundup below.
Recruiting Industry Investments / M&A Activity
- Phenom People Raises $30 million for AI Recruitment Platform
- Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) acquires Clustree
- Bullhorn Acquires Herefish to Help Accelerate Automation of Staffing Processes
- PSI Services Acquires Caliper
- Versique Search and Consulting Acquires Midwest Financial Search
- Ernst & Young Acquires PeopleFirm
- Catalant Technologies Raises $35 Million in Series E Funding to Fuel Enterprise Growth and Scale
Must-Read Recruiting and Talent Acquisition Reports
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics December Jobs Report
- LinkedIn's Global Talent Trends Report Find Companies Prioritizing Empathy, Employees
- Bullhorn’s Annual GRID Report Shows That Despite Increased Prospects of Recession, Recruitment Firms are Optimistic About Revenue Growth
- US Businesses Are More Optimistic About Economic Outlook in 2020, According to Randstad Sourceright’s 2020 Business Health Index
- XpertHR Survey Reveals Top HR Compliance Challenges for 2020
- ManpowerGroup: Global Talent Shortages Hit Record Highs
- Okta Releases List of Most Popular Workplace Apps
Recruiting Tech Company News
- Kristin Machacek Leary Joins Bullhorn as Chief People Officer
- Former COO Christian Sutherland-Wong Takes Over as Glassdoor CEO
- CannabisWorks, a Recruitment Firm Dedicated to the North American Market for Cannabis Business, Launches in January 2020
- Curo Compensation Announces General Availability of Gender Pay Equity Solution
- Jobvite Launches Data Science Strategy to Improve Speed and Quality of Talent Acquisition
- NextPath Career Partners Launches New Technology Division to Support Client Demand
- Poly Tech Talent Challenges Old-School Commission-Based Recruitment Industry With a Made-for-SMB Flat-Fee Model
- Industry Powerhouses Join Forces to Build the First “Internet of Careers” Platform Using Blockchain
Employment Legal and Regulatory News
- ACL Seeks Business Partners to Increase Hiring of Workers With Disabilities
- House Passes Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act
- New Jersey Becomes First State to Mandate Severance Pay for Mass Layoffs
- California Assembly Bill 5 Takes Effect, Tightening the Definition of “Independent Contractor”
Upcoming Recruiting Industry Events
- Hiring Success — February 1-12, San Francisco
- IAMPHENOM — March 3-5, Philadelphia
- HR Transform — March 23-25, Las Vegas
- FutureComms 2020 — April 29-30, New York City
- Workhuman Live — May 11-14, San Antonio
Are you interested in having your company featured in this recruiting industry report? Send an email to our Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your company's news or announcements. Our regular publication, RecruiterToday, also features thought leadership from recruiting and talent acquisition professionals and accepts content contributions.